Applied Research, Development & Testing
iNDustry Labs staff play a key liaison role matching local companies with University and LIFT Network expertise and facilities. More broadly, these activities help regional companies identify, navigate, and access the resources associated with a major research university - the expertise of the faculty and staff, the core research facilities, and the research labs of individual faculty members.
Notre Dame Facility Network
Applied Analytics and Emerging Technologies Lab: Provides key research and applied learning capabilities to support the digital transformation of the region’s industrial economy through:
- Business Optimization, Data Analytics, and High-Performance Computing
- Wireless/Internet of Things/Smart Technologies Integration, and Product Development
- Cyber Security
- Modeling, Simulation, & Experiential Digital Lab
- Immersive Visualization Technologies (AR/VR/XR)
- Engineering Innovation Hub: This new 10,000-square-foot facility in the heart of Notre Dame's campus offers a state-of-the-art experiential learning and advanced manufacturing environment with first-rate resources for collaboration, fabrication, automation, robotics and modeling.
- IDEA Center: Commercialization Process: When latent intellectual property, new technologies, and/or new product concepts have been identified through engagements with industry partners, iNDustry Labs can provide resources to run these opportunities through the initial stages of the Commercialization process at the University's Innovation, De-Risking and Enterprise Acceleration (IDEA) Center.
- Notre Dame Core Research Facilities: The Research facilities at Notre Dame, (Cores) provide expertise in a number of areas, are fully staffed to give guidance, support, and instrumentation for their users, and operate with open access for regional use on a fee-for-service basis. Over 30 facilities provide an opportunity to test and validate technologies, materials and digital software in collaboration with research experts.
LIFT Network Facilities
The programs, services, and equipment available in the facilities of Regional Institutions provide an array of resources to equip the workforce with skills and capabilities necessary to support the growing and rapidly changing needs of regional industry partners. As needs are identified, INDustry Labs, in collaboration with LIFT Network partners, can provide industry partners with a recommended set of equipment and facility resources available to students and businesses throughout the region.