Each year, business leaders, labor leaders, education institutions and other key public-private leaders across the nation celebrate National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) as a way to demonstrate broad support for the U.S. Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship model.
This year, the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership, the Northern Indiana Workforce Board and the Indiana Office of Work-Based Learning & Apprenticeship will contribute to nation-wide celebrations by hosting a virtual celebration and public launch of the LIFT Network Apprenticeship Program. Join leaders for a virtual program launch hosted in the region’s heart of Advanced Manufacturing, Elkhart, Indiana.
Virtual attendees will join this live streamed event which will feature current pilot employer partners, State of Indiana agency officials within the Indiana Governor’s Workforce Cabinet and the Indiana Office of Work-Based Learning and Apprenticeship, leaders from the LIFT Network and other key public-private regional partners. Sessions will run from 12 – 4pm and a full itinerary will be posted in the coming weeks in order for attendees to be able to jump in and out of session as it fits their schedules.
During the sessions, attendees will learn about:
- The benefits of registered apprenticeship programs.
- How the LIFT Network Registered Apprenticeship Program works and ways to promote the program within companies.
- Lessons learned and impact stories from current pilot employers are learning about implementing apprenticeship programs.
- How new employers can partner with the LIFT Network Apprenticeship program and access up to $15,000 in current funding to seed apprenticeship programs
- State of Indiana state policy goals and funding opportunities related to workforce development.
About the LIFT Network Apprenticeship Program:
Serving as an adult, U.S. Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship program model, the LIFT Network Apprenticeship Program partners with regional Industrial Manufacturing and Advanced Industry firms to design, register, launch and support success and implementation of advanced industry apprenticeship occupations that align with digital transformation and industry advancement goals of regional firms.
Specifically, roles that embrace/enable Industry 4.0 and advanced digital operating practices are a part of the program. Below is a list of occupations that are either currently registered via the U.S. Department of Labor (or soon to be registered) via the Northern Indiana Workforce Board as the Registered Intermediary – and ready to be implemented within companies:
Currently Registered LIFT Network Apprenticeship Occupations:
- CNC Operators/Machinists (not yet registered)
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanics
- Industrial Maintenance Technicians
- Quality Technicians (not yet registered)
- Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians
- Robotics Technicians
- Software Developers (Applications)
About National Apprenticeship Week
National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) is a nationwide celebration that brings together business leaders, career seekers, labor, educational institutions, and other critical partners to demonstrate their support for apprenticeship. NAW also provides apprenticeship sponsors with the opportunity to showcase their programs, facilities, and apprentices in their community. The week-long celebration highlights the benefits of apprenticeship in preparing a highly-skilled workforce to meet the talent needs of employers across diverse industries. NAW 2021 is on November 15-21, 2021.
Due to ongoing public health guidance, this event will adhere to limited in-person attendance for presenters and pilot partners. The will be live-streamed from Elkhart, Indiana and will allow for a high-quality virtual attendance experience.